Phase 2 - Intro to Garments & Sewing Garments
Discover the world of sewing with Commercial patterns such as McCall's, Simplicity, Butterick, Vogue, Kwik Sew and more. This class consists of students at different levels of sewing experience
This course covers:
* Body measurements & sizing.
* Pattern selection.
* Proper fabric selection, interfacing, notions & more
* Understanding the commercial pattern Learn to use the pattern for layout & cutting, marking, and construction.
After your initial garment you can build on these skills and explore
* Sleeves - raglan, set- in, different shapes
* Pockets, cuffs and collars
* Waistbands & zippers, casing and elastic
* Incorporating linings
* Sewing with special fabrics
You will choose your own pattern & fabrics with guidance from instructors. First garment selected will be of simple design.
We have a limited fabric stash that you can use or bring your own.
Certification requires testing - written and sewn samples required
Course consists of 12 weeks - 4 weeks for Intro to Garments & 8 weeks for Garments Beyond
Can be taken in 2 parts
Intro to Garments $ 80
Garments Beyond $ 160